Coronavirus (COVID-19): What Vein Clinics of America is doing to keep patients, employees, and clinics safe once we reopen
As we look to re-open our clinics, we at Vein Clinics of America believe the health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority.
We have established key action items to reduce the possibility of exposure and spread of COVID-19. By taking these steps, we want to ensure your safety and well-being are being prioritized when you visit a Vein Clinics of America location.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your local clinic or call us at 1-844-423-8346.
• Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all common areas, bathrooms and patient care areas with an EPA approved disinfectant. Special attention being will be paid to high touch surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
• There will be visual alerts (signs, posters) at entrances and in strategic places providing instruction on hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, and cough etiquette.
• Supplies will be available (tissues, waste receptacles, alcohol-based hand sanitizer) in the waiting area and all patient care areas to reduce the spread of the respiratory virus.
• Engineering controls will be installed such as sneeze guards, when possible.
• Telemedicine will be offered as an alternative to a face-to-face visit when appropriate to reduce the number of patients in the office daily.
• Patients will be screened by phone for a fever and respiratory symptoms within 24-48 hours before their appointment and again on arrival to the office.
• Face masks will be available at check-in for all patients to wear during their appointment
• Patients will be seated >6 feet apart in all waiting areas and common areas.
• Patients will be asked to wait in their vehicles (if possible) until they are called into the office for their appointment to reduce crowding in the waiting rooms.
• Visitors and children will be restricted/limited in the office.
• Staff members will wear a mask during all face-to-face encounters.
• All employees will participate in additional hand wash training and appropriate use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Employees will be trained when to use PPE, what PPE is necessary, how to properly don (put on), use, and doff (take off) PPE, and how to properly dispose of PPE.
• All employees will be advised to check for any signs of illness before reporting to work each day and notify their supervisor if they become ill.
• Staff members will be proactively screened daily for a fever or respiratory symptoms upon arrival to the office.
See if you qualify for a FREE** consultation
Have a Vein Clinics of America network physician examine your legs and recommend a treatment program customized to your specific condition.
Find your nearest vein clinic:
Over 60 locations
in 15 states