Coronavirus (COVID-19): What Vein Clinics of America is doing to keep patients, employees, and clinics safe
First, thank you for being a valued patient or prospective patient of Vein Clinics of America.
We are still open for business and more than ever committed to providing a safe environment for all patients while proactively taking measures to mitigate concerns around Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) along with guidance from local and U.S. government health agencies. Rest assured that we implemented a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan designed to help us prevent the spread of the virus to the best of our abilities. Among other things, our plan includes the following:
- Daily/ongoing sanitization of our lobby, exam rooms and other common areas
- Employees following best practice infection prevention methods such as hand washing for at least 20 seconds and using hand sanitizers more often
- Employees are required to wear masks while conducting all procedures
For this plan to be successful, we respectfully ask that you be mindful and call our office to reschedule your appointment if you meet the following high-risk criteria:
- Fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- Recently traveled to a high-risk country: China, Iran, Italy, Japan, and South Korea. Note: This country list is updated regularly by the CDC. Visit their website to see details.
- Exposed to someone diagnosed with Coronavirus
We encourage you to practice safe infection controls methods as well. The CDC recommends the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For more information on the Coronavirus and how you can protect yourself, we invite you to visit the Center of Disease and Control Prevention at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Vein Clinics of America
See if you qualify for a FREE** consultation
Have a Vein Clinics of America network physician examine your legs and recommend a treatment program customized to your specific condition.
Find your nearest vein clinic:
Over 60 locations
in 15 states