Healthy Habits: Tricks to Navigate Through the Halloween Treats
Happy Halloween! While it can be an exciting and splurge-worthy day, it is essential to make sure you don’t let all your hard work go to waste. Instead of crossing your fingers and hoping to make it through the day without binging on all the spook-tacular goodies, have a plan in place that will allow you to indulge in some treats without getting tricked into ruining your healthy habits.
- Start with a morning sweat-session: Plan ahead by scheduling a workout class or session at the gym. Starting the day on a high-note will motivate you to stay healthy throughout the day and less guilty when you indulge later on.
- Hydrate: Make sure you are hydrating extra well throughout the day. This will help control your appetite and prevent mindless snacking.
- Eat before you leave: If you have a party planned, make sure to eat a healthy meal packed with protein before you head out. This will allow you to pick and choose the treats you want to indulge in without feeling like you are depriving yourself.
- Skip Your Favorites: Stock up ahead of time with candy you don’t enjoy for passing out. Love chocolate? Stick to sour gummies or fruity candies.
- Treat yourself! It is Halloween and holiday, allow yourself to indulge in a few of your favorite treats. Trust us, it will prevent you from raiding your kid’s candy stockpile when you get home. An easy trick for a party is plan to bring your favorite treat, this will ensure you are indulging on something you love and prevent any leftovers.
Healthy eating and overall wellness are essential to long-term health goals. While it can be difficult around the holidays to prevent mindless eating and snacking, having a plan in place for how to tackle the day is a surefire way to prevent overindulging.